Getting admission into an institution globally renowned as the Birla Institute of Technology is a dream cherished by many aspiring students in diverse fields of study. BIT truly understands the importance of attracting the best and brightest talent to its campus in order to meet and then surpass its own standards of distinction. For that reason it also has to ensure that deserving candidates are not challenged by financial constraints or other inhibiting factors. To this end, the Institute has developed several welfare schemes and academic scholarships for students as part of its continuous effort to encourage excellence and perseverance in academics.
Details of Welfare Schemes and other Scholarships awarded by Govt./Non Governmental Agencies are given below. Students have to apply for these scholarships through formats, which are available with the Office of the Registrar.
Welfare Schemes for Students
- The Institute provides financial aid to deserving students on merit-cum-means basis in the form of tuition waivers in several semesters.
- A Group Medical Insurance Scheme, the premium for which is paid by the Institute covers all the students on campus.
- The Institutes supports a book-bank in the Library for the benefit of all SC & ST students. are provided textbooks free of cost in several semesters from a support.
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top class education for SC students from Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India
- Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top class education for ST students from Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Govt. of India, Post Matric Scholarship for SC / ST / OBC students from their respective states.
- ONGC Scholarship for SC & ST students.
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child (UGC).
- Rajeev Gandhi National Scholarship for the benefit of SC & ST students.
- Scholarship for disabled students by the National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation.
- Academic-Pratibha Scholarship for students of Andhra Pradesh admitted in national leading institutes.
- Under the Tata Steel Scholars scheme selected students of the pre-final year are identified as Tata Steel Scholars and are given internship along with cash scholarships.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) awards Gold Medal, Certificate and Cash Prizes to the Best (CS/IT) student as well as for the Best Student Project.
- Larsen & Toubro has initiated the Henning’s Award for the Best Student Project for the student of Mechanical Engineering.