Department of Production Engineering since its inception in 1964 has been trying to impart quality education to undergraduates and train them to meet the demands of the manufacturing industry. The department has established links with the industry, R&D organizations, consultancy organizations and academic institutes in the region in furtherance of the cause of manufacturing engineering. The department sees itself as a pathfinder of emerging technologies and techniques in the area of production engineering and develops students to be technologically and managerially sound to meet the challenges of the open market in the present era of globalization.
The main objective of production engineering is integration of technology with management in planning and controlling the design, development and operation of manufacturing system. Rapid advances in manufacturing technology, e.g., computer controlled processes and management information systems, ERP and new manufacturing concepts like TPS, agile manufacturing, pull system etc., are reinforcing the recognition of technological, organizational, economic and human factors. Furthermore, specialized training in manufacturing technology is necessary for industries in India and abroad.
· To Become a Centre of Repute Striving Continuously Towards Providing Quality Education, Research and Innovation in the Field of Production Engineering
· To provide quality education at both undergraduate and post graduate levels
· To provide opportunities and facilities for research and innovation
· To produce engineering graduates to meet the demands of manufacturing industries
and R&D organizations
· To emphasise on integrating Manufacturing technology with management
· To impart latest technological knowledge to students by continuous development of
curricula and faculty
Department of Production Engineering offers a four-year undergraduate course in Production Engineering.
Department of Production Engineering offers postgraduate courses in Production Engineering and Automated Manufacturing Systems.
Dr. Vinay Sharma
HOD, Department of Production Engineering