Reciprocating to the needs created out of success, the Allahabad Centre of BIT is poised for expansion in a big way. An ever-increasing number of candidates seek admission here in each academic session and therefore, construction work for a new Institute building having floor area of about 200,000 sq. ft. is about to begin.
The Allahabad Extension Centre is an active campus where students are always encouraged to organize and participate in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. To this end, the Campus’ calendar is frequently marked with games and sports meets, cultural meets, quizzes, debates, creative writing competitions, painting & photographic competitions etc.
Some of the facilities on campus have been discussed below.
The Institute Library - The Library has a collection of about 3,000 books on varied topics of Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering., Civil Engineering. & Mechanical Engineering.
Facilities for Sports - The centre has a moderate playground, volleyball court and badminton court.
The Computer Laboratory – The Centre has advanced IT infrastructure with over 100 P-4 computers connected through LAN network in its Computer Laboratory. There is round-the-clock Internet connectivity.
Some of the engineering laboratories developed by the centre are:
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Basic Electrical & Electronics Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Digital Electronics Laboratory
- Control Engineering Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
- IC Engines Laboratory
- Manufacturing Processes Laboratory
- Non-conventional Energy Laboratory
- Hydraulics Laboratory.
- Surveying and Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory.