The Photographic Society (PSoc) holds the distinction to be one of the oldest student’s bodies of BIT, Mesra with its foundation dating back to 1964. Every year, more than 40 students are being inducted into the club after workshops, hands-on coverage, and guidance. The principal objective of the club is to promote the art and science of photography and video making among the students of BIT Mesra and help them develop their skills in this field. Our team comprises five different sub-teams namely coverage team, graphic design team, video team, social media team, and lastly, the web development team. One can reach us using the following URL https://www.psocbitm.live/
Some activities of the PSoc are highlighted hereunder:
• PSoc conducts field workshops and competitions. We have collaborated with Nikon and Tamron to bring professional educators for sessions on D-SLR handling and advanced Photography.
• The video team is the official after movie team of our annual fests.
• PSoc is responsible for covering BIT’s annual cultural event “Bitotsav” in its entirety. The official after movie of the event is also made by PSoc.
• Photographic coverage of all cultural and technical events held in the college is also done by the Psoc.
• Psoc has over 11.7k likes on its official Facebook page and over 2k followers on its Instagram page.
• Psoc conducts a two days Photo festival “Utkrisht” annually during October with numerous photo galleries, workshops, fun events, and photowalks.
• Psoc often holds live Instagram sessions with well-known photographers from all over the country.
Each milestone is marked by a moment of pride and celebration. Psoc cherishes the following achievements:
• Psoc alumni have been successful in converting their passion for photography into a profession, with successful start-ups like Clickwink Digitals, Ethereal Colours, etc.
• A short film produced by Psoc "The Virtual Trap" received an overwhelmingly positive response and conferred as the 3rd best film at the Chitra Bharati Film Festival, 2020, held at Ahmedabad.
• Psoc members have won many individual competitions at the intercollegiate level in Spring Fest, Mood Indigo, etc.
• Psoc conducted an online Photo Editing Workshop through Google Meet with the editing platform being Lightroom on August 22nd -23rd, 2020. Received an overwhelming response from more than 150 participants across India ranging from college students to school students who had actively participated in a two days event.