PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- To develop capability to understand the fundamentals of Hotel industry for analyzing the business problems with futuristic approach.
- To foster a confident and competent graduate capable to solve real life practical Hotel Industry problems fulfilling the obligation towards society.
- To inculcate an attitude for identifying and undertaking developmental work both in Industry as well as academic environment with emphasis to continuous learning enabling to excel in competitive participation at a global level.
- To nurture and nourish effective communication and interpersonal skill to work in a team with a sense of ethics and moral responsibility for achieving goal.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
- Develop students with an in-depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the hotel industry.
- Making students familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry.
- Develop professional skills of strategic management issues involved in operating hotels and train students for operational, supervisory and management positions.
- Enhance the techniques of advanced technological uses in hotel industry.
- Business Knowledge – Students will be able to master the key frameworks, models, and skills that reflect the body of knowledge in their major, and will apply discipline-based habits of analytical thinking to problems and opportunities. Be skilled in the analysis of both qualitative information and quantitative data.
- Communication Skills – Students will be able to synthesize and summarize information and to professionally communicate their analyses, arguments, and recommendations to a variety of audiences. Be skilled in written, oral, and visual communication and will be able to effectively choose communication methods that are appropriate to the topic, objective, and setting.
- Quantitative Skills – Students will be able to understand, analyse and use quantitative data to make business decisions and report to stake holders. Identify quantitative characteristics of a problem, to examine and interpret numerical data and to analyse numerical data to derive conclusions.
- Critical Thinking Skills – Evaluate, analyse and interpret information to solve problems and make business decisions. Interpret and evaluate unstructured situations; to define the problem; to apply theories to ambiguous situations and to draw conclusions and implement solutions.
- Technology – Demonstrate proficiency in the use of information technology. Students will use information systems to select, manipulate and process data in a meaningful way in order to make business decisions and use software tools to solve accounting, financial and quantitative problems.
- Ethics – Understand and evaluate ethical issues and situations to make business decisions. Recognize ethical problems in both domestic and international business contexts identify alternatives and make appropriate ethical choices.
- Multicultural and Diversity – Students, particularly those who pursue the degree in international business concentration, will develop an awareness and understanding of the cultural issues that impact business operations in a global society.
- Demonstrate learning – Enhancing skills in hospitality core areas at various position of specialization addressing customer satisfaction.