Programmes offfered by the Department:
1. Ph.D Programme: Students enrolled in Ph.D programme may choose their research topic aligned with the research interest of the faculty members of the department.
2. Five Year Integrated M.Sc in Mathematics and Computing (For Details, Click on Syllabus for Five Year Integrated MSc)
syll-CBCS_IMSC_Math-3and4 sem . For New Syllabus (CBCS) you can download from CBCS_IMSC_MathsSyllabus
3. Two Year M.Sc in Mathematics (For Details, click on Syllabus for Two Year MSc);
Syll-CBCS_MSC_Math-3and4 sem. For New Syllabus, you cna download from CBCS_MSC_MathsSyllabus
Program Educational Objectives (PEO) for Integrated M. Sc. Course on Mathematics and Computing and MSc Course on Mathematics:
1. To impart conceptual knowledge of Mathematical Sciences for formulating and analyzing the real world problems.
2. To equip the students sufficiently in both analytical and computational skills in Mathematical Sciences.
3. To develop a competitive attitude for building a strong academic - industrial collaboration, with focus on continuous learning skills.
4. To nurture and nourish strong communication and interpersonal skills for working in a team with high moral and ethical values.
Program Outcomes (PO) for Integrated M. Sc. Course on Mathematics and Computing and MSc Course on Mathematics:
A graduate shall
- Be proficient enough to solve multifarious mathematical problems and capable of obtaining and analysing their results.
- Be competent enough in undertaking inter-disciplinary research and arrive at valid conclusions based on appropriate interpretations of data using analytical and numerical results.
- Be dedicated to professional ethics and responsibilities towards economic, environmental and societal norms.
- Demonstrate appropriate inter – personal skills as an individual, as a member or as a leader in a multi – disciplinary environment.
- Capable of understanding and writing effective reports and documents; preparing effective presentations and communicating convincingly on complex mathematical problems.
- Recognize the need for continuous learning and prepare himself/herself appropriately for his/her all – round development throughout the professional career.