To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem and start-up supporting mechanism in BIT. Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework. Establish Functional Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas. Develop better Cognitive and Design Thinking Ability for Technology Students.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
Since our establishment (October 2018), IIC Birla Institute of Technology Mesra, has consistently made the requisite efforts to thrust the innovation and start-up ecosystem amongst the students and faculty. The response of the participants in our informative sessions and events are a testimony to our claims. A separate Deanship has been created for Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Today we are proud of the ecosystem that has been developed in the institute, and we see ourselves growing exponentially in the coming times.
Our team consists of experienced individuals from various departments of our institution. We promote diversity on all fronts, may it be student participation or even the initiatives taken by our esteemed team of faculties. It has involved most of the departments of BIT Mesra and has faculty members from different off campus such as Deoghar, Jaipur, Noida and BIT Lalpur.