Department of Computer Science & Engineering at BIT Patna has evolved as a frontrunner in technical excellence, with its students competing with the best in industry. This accounts for a number of ongoing projects by students and faculty members and continuous industry-academia interaction. It is equipped with latest computing facilities with over 200 computers and is under direct supervision of BIT Mesra.
Companies like IBM, Microsoft, Robotech Labs, Nettech India, Kyrion Technologies have provided workshops in areas such as RAD, Linux and Network Administration, Game and Web designing, Animation and Ethical Hacking & Securities, etc.
- Centralized Computer Lab with 200 P4 Computers with DELL Server connected to Gigabit Ethernet LAN to support multi user softwares.
- Video Conferencing system/devices installed.
- Internet service in the whole Campus through LAN.
- Remote Internship programme with M/S TCS& MS Mindree Ltd.
- Institution of Brihaspati-2 software for advance e-learning.
- Normal 0 false false false EN-GB X-NONE X-NONE Students are using Software Packages like MS Visual Studio, ORACLE, Rational Rose & Application Softwares like Auto CAD 2009, Auto CAD Raster Design.
Research and Development
Faculties are actively engaged in research work and have published several papers in reputed national and international journals in year 2010-2011. Main research areas are: Data Mining, Network Security, Appropriate Computing for Development, Database Management Systems and Software Engineering. Students take up challenging projects in their 3rd and 4th year engineering under the guidance of the faculty and have won several prizes in national level software development competitions. This year (2011) our students developed software for dyslexic children for which they will be honored at the Rashtripati Bhawan, New Delhi. A group of students are finalists at the Imagine Cup 2011 conducted by the Microsoft Corporation.
The department has active collaboration with various leading MNC’s like Microsoft, TCS, Mindtree, etc. Students have the opportunity of hands-on experience on various state-of-the-art technologies and executing some of the live projects through internships. Various workshops have been conducted in the recent past by companies and institutes like IBM, Nettech, etc.