The department of civil engineering at BIT Patna was formally established in 2007 with a vision to create an impact through technology based training, innovating and service to society. Students are given very good exposure to the AUTOCAD, ERDAS, ArcGIS Info and Engineering Graphics, etc. It embraces architectural planning, structural and pavement design, construction and infrastructure management and Geo technical and Hydraulic engineering. The true field experiences of survey camps are also organized for various subjects. The department also organizes various short term training programmes for its students besides several seminars/conferences and awareness programmes on the themes of emerging fields. They undergo summer industrial training program in reputed organizations and learn professionalism with a strong grasp of fundamentals and the aptitude to perform.
Laboratories and facilities
The department besides having well qualified faculty has enriched its laboratories keeping in mind the contemporary developments. The laboratories are well equipped with modern sophisticated instruments to take up the new challenges in research. The faculty also renders technical service on engineering problems to various agencies/industries in the form of consultancy projects. The students are given exposure through labs like:
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Hydraulics & Hydraulic M/c Laboratory
- Highway Engineering Laboratory
- Field Surveying & Geology Lab
- Structural Engineering Laboratory
- Foundation Engineering Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Adv. Design & Drawing of Steel Structures
- Adv. Computer Application In Civil Engg.
- Design & Drawing of Hydraulic Structures
- G I S Laboratory, etc.