To strive towards the development of the skilled human resources with comprehensive and modern technical skill-sets in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering while adhering to Universal Human Values to serve the nation and engineering profession with distinction.
- To offer quality technical education and skill development in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
- To nurture students' problem-solving abilities and familiarize them with the most recent advancements within the Electronics & Communication discipline.
- To promote interactions between industry and the institute to enhance students' employability and readiness for the workforce.
- To encourage faculty engagement in Faculty Development Programs focused on upcoming technologies within Electronics and Communication and to additionally, coordinate a range of technical activities, including electronic circuitry, simulation software, and troubleshooting, for students and staff under the department's appropriate supervision.
- To facilitate partnerships with industry for internships and collaborations, and update the teaching and training curriculum within the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering, emphasizing the department's key strengths.
- To develop a distinctive program that enables students to gain entrepreneurial and managerial proficiencies in the Electronics and Communication industry. This initiative is intended to merge with Universal Human Values to instil ethical values in students, thus fostering a commitment to serving the nation and the profession.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
Diploma holders of the Electronics & Communication Engineering Program will be able to:
1. Basic and Discipline-specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals, and Electronics and Communication engineering to solve engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
3. Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation, and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate techniques to conduct standard tests and measurements.
5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability, and environment: Apply appropriate technology in the context of society, sustainability, environment, and ethical practices.
6. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member, or as a leader, to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Department of Chemistry
About the Chemistry Department
Our Chemistry Department believes in maximizing learning outcomes for the students through the right combination of theoretical and experimental knowledge. As much as theoretical knowledge helps students appreciate the fundamental laws and principles, application-based studies or experiments expand their learning horizons by observing those principles taking effect in real life. Multiple modules on theoretical Chemistry, including atomic structure, the periodic table, acids and bases, and environmental chemistry, are taught to students at the Department, along with experimental modules focusing on qualitative and quantitative analysis, which further help students with a holistic understanding.
Achieving global excellence in technical education and empowering youth with multi-disciplinary skill-sets related to chemistry to lead innovation-centric socio-economic development of India
1) To impart outcome-based technical education that will prepare students with knowledge of modern tool skills related to chemistry.
2) To nurture enthusiasm, interest, and passion in chemistry and environmental Science among globally competent diploma engineers with a growth mindset, professional ethics, and integrity.
3) To create an innovative mindset and design thinking-based teaching and learning, leveraging global best practices
4) To strengthen industry-academia collaboration and forge impactful partnerships to pursue technical excellence.
Department of Physics
Department of Mathematics
About the Department of Mathematics
The Mathematics Department of the University Polytechnic conducts its courses and activities guided by the overarching goals of engineering education. This department has been an important constituent of the Faculty of Science since 2001, when the University Polytechnic was established, with its proficiency in teaching engineering mathematics and basic mathematics required for Laboratory Technology. The curriculums are revisited periodically, and appropriately that is relevant for industrial applications.
The mathematics department is leading in integrating (a) teaching and learning applied mathematics and (b) advancing the knowledge base through research and scholarship. Further, the department will lead in preparing professionals who will understand and design mathematical models and related services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
The department's mission is to deepen and extend knowledge in applied mathematics to increase students' capabilities to understand complex engineering models and machines. This will help to prepare professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their service, outreach, and leadership.