To emerge as a leading technical training institution in the country and serve the nation and engineering profession with distinction by developing the most skilled human resources with comprehensive and modern training and skillsets in selected engineering disciplines and trades.
- To administer a technical training institute of highest standard of education and training commensurate with modern engineering practices.
- To offer technical diploma and certificate courses to cater to contemporary demand and relevance to the engineering industry.
- To adopt and implement modern curriculum of technical education and training.
- To continuously upgrade the infrastructure necessary for practical training with new and contemporary machines and methods.
- To arrange on job training and internships for the students and staff members with proper supervision.
- To liaise with industry for internship and collaboration, and also, for arranging periodic review of infrastructure and training methods and modernizing teaching and training curriculum.
- To create special program for the youth of the State of Jharkhand to help them acquire entrepreneurial and managerial skills, manufacturing capability, career advancement training and professional confidence.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Diploma holders of the Electronics & Communication Engineering Program will be able to:
1. Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and Electronics and Communication engineering to solve the engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
3. Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate techniques to conduct standard tests and measurements.
5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability, and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
6. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
The Department of Manufacturing Engineering was established in the year 2004 and is now recognized as one of the leading departments with infrastructure and facilities to match the very best in the country. The department remains committed towards its mission, which is twofold. One is to provide students with the fundamental knowledge and problem solving skills in Manufacturing required for a fulfilling career. The other goal is to create and disseminate knowledge to improve Manufacturing research, education and practice.
|The Department offers a three-year (Six Semester) Diploma programme in Manufacturing Engineering. This programme is accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).