Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the first constituents of University Polytechnic. The Department offers a three-year Diploma programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering spanning over a period of six semesters. From its very inception in the year 2001, this Department has established itself as an efficient, self-reliant, and quality-conscious entity with the sole aim of producing the most energetic, enthusiastic, and professionally competent Electronic and Communication Engineers with the ability to take up the challenges posed to them. To fulfill this dream, the department is manned by a group of well-qualified, conscientious, and dedicated faculty and technical staff.
Electronics and Communication Engineering deals with course papers on electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (for example AM, FM, FSK, PSK ASK, DM, ADM DTH), microprocessors, embedded systems, satellite communication, microwave engineering, mobile and wireless communications, industrial electronics, electronic measurements and instrumentation.
It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
The educational objectives of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department are to graduate individuals:
- Have a strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and are able to use these tools in their own engineering field.
- Able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- Able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and communication tools for modern engineering applications.
- Able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields.
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field recognizing the significance of lifelong learning.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality.
- Able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
|The Department offers a three-year Diploma programme in Electronics and Communication Engineering in six semesters. All programmes are accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).