Department of Electronics Engineering is one of the first constituents of University Polytechnic. The Department offers a three-year Diploma programme in Electronics Engineering spanning over a period of six semesters. From the very inception in the year 2001, this Department has established itself as an efficient, self reliant and quality conscious entity with the sole aim of producing the most energetic, enthusiastic and professionally competent Electronic Engineers with ability to take up the challenges posed to them. To fulfil this dream, the department is manned by a group of well qualified, conscientious and dedicated faculty and technical staff.
Electronics Engineering deals with course papers on electronic devices, circuits, communication equipments like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (for example AM, FM, FSK, PSK ASK, DM, ADM DTH), microprocessors, embedded systems, satellite communication, microwave engineering, mobile and wireless communications, industrial electronics, electronic measurements and instrumentation.
It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics Engineering.
MISSION & VISION
The mission of the Electronics Engineering Department is to provide education for those students who are able to compete internationally, able to produce creative solutions to the society’s needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, and to generate and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electronics engineering.
The vision of the Electronics Engineering Department is to lead nationally and internationally in terms of quality of teaching – learning centre; building upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education, and a centre of education generating knowledge and technologies which lay the foundation in shaping the future in the fields of electronics engineering.
The educational objectives of the Electronics Engineering Department are to graduate individuals:
- Having strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and able to use these tools in their own engineering field.
- Able to pinpoint and define engineering problems in the fields of electronics engineering.
- Able to employ necessary techniques, hardware, and communication tools for modern engineering applications.
- Able to solve problems through analytical thinking in their own or related fields.
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Able to follow and contribute to the developments in their own field recognizing the significance of lifelong learning.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Having strong ethical and professional responsibility and adhering to quality.
- Able to take individual responsibility and to work as a part of a team.
|The Department offers a three-year Diploma programme in Electronics Engineering in six semesters. All programmes are accredited by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).