Prospects and Avenues
Undergoing and completing Int. M. Sc. / M. Sc. in Physics courses from the department imparts in-depth subject knowledge, gives immense exposure and endows the students sufficient capability to get into organizations that offers jobs after such courses. Students can also get admission to various academic programmes offered by our institute as well as other prestigious institutes of our country and abroad.
- JEST for Ph. D. From any participating organization like ARIES, HBNI, HRI, ICTS, IGCAR, IIA, IISc, IISER, I MSc, IOP, IPR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NBRC, NCRA-TIFR, NISER, PRL, RRCAT, PRI, SINP, SNBNCBS, TIFR, UGC-DAE, CSIR, VECC.
- UGC-CSIR JRF for Research leading to Ph.D.
- GATE for pursuing M. Tech r research leading to Ph.D. From IITs.
Students are encouraged to appear for TOEFL and GRE general/GRE subject for admission to Ph.D. Programme in foreign universities
After completing M.Sc. In Physics one can pursue career in various government organizations like DRDO, PRL, Ahmadabad, NSC New Delhi, SINP Kolkata, BARC Bombay, ISRO as Scientist or Scientifi Officer. Several other government organizations those offer jobs to M.Sc Physics are ONGC, BHEL, NTPC etc.
Eligible and qualified to compete for:
- Civil Services like IAS, IFS and IPS conducted by UPSC examinations.
- Government exams like Tax Assistant exam, Statistical Investigator exam and Combined Graduated Level exam to persue their career in various government departments.
- Teaching jobs in government schools or colleges(through NET or SET) and technical institutes and universities
- Career in railways by qualifying the exams conducted by Railway Recruitment Board
- Career in defence department can write the Combined Defense Services Exams conducted by UPSC
- Job of demonstrator in colleges /technical assistant / scientific assistant available in various central laboratories and public sector organization
- After completing three years of Int. M.Sc. (can Opt out for the courses like :
1. M.Sc. / Intg. Ph.D./Intg. M.Tech at IISc, IITs etc.
2. M.Sc./ M.Sc Tech/M.Tech in Geophysics
3. M.Sc./ M.Sc Tech/M.Tech / Ph.D. In Astrophysics